Re: G450 PCI and UP2000

On 21/07/2006 11:06:59, mattsimis wrote:
1) Has anyone ever had the G450 or similar working? Ive seen a Suse
Alpha post with the same issue on the G450 and Up1000 from 200*1* - doesnt bode well.

I don't have any experience of UP1000, but I've used a G450 PCI 32MB in a Personal Workstation 500A running Debian Woody and Debian Sarge. The PCI card has an onboard PCI-to-PCI bridge, so you have to put by hand the PCI BusID in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, which usually is on PCI BUS #2 on PWS which already has 2 PCI buses.

2) Has anyone built the newest Xorg with these "64 bit fixes" yet?
3) Did the MGA driver work better in Xorg 6.9? I tried to downgrade by changing my APT sources and specifying SID, but downgrading Xorg APT wanted to remove X11-* !!

never used Xorg.
I'll catch up when Etch becomes stable.

4) Ive tried 2.6.15, 2.6.17.1 and 2.6.17.4, mix of SMP and self
compiled, no difference.. hmm, that wasnt a question.

Debian on PWS was running fine with 2.6.8 until 2.6.11, then I switched the G450 for a Voodoo 5/5500 because this card has DRI support on Alpha. I still have the PCI G450 and I could put it in the box again to check configuration if you need (but on Xfree 4.3.0)
As far I know, the PCI version of G450 lacks DRI support.
Maybe something has changed in the last months, do you know if it has DRI support on latest kernel releases and Xorg?

Bye
gl