Re: build failure of CppUnit

Quoting Falk Hueffner <falk@debian.org>:

Steve Robbins <smr@sumost.ca> writes:

Quoting Falk Hueffner <falk@debian.org>:

"smr@sumost" <smr@sumost.ca> writes:

A new upload of CppUnit with a tiny bugfix is failing in a
completely different region of the code.  Thus I expect it is a
toolchain problem. Could one of you have a look?

From my experience, it might as well be bug in the program.

You could be right.  I already explained why I think this is not the case.

It should be trivial for someone with an alpha machine to
pull down the older version and try to build it.

You seem to think that a source working with one version of the
toolchain, but not another, indicates a toolchain bug. This is not the
case.

It's not definitive, no.

But it doesn't matter what is at fault.  The issue is: the last upload of
cppunit doesn't build on alpha.  Troubleshooting it requires someone with
expertise in, and access to, an alpha system.  I have neither.  I assume
most of the readers of debian-alpha have both.

I need some help.  Please.

-Steve

P.S. Yes, I know about Debian's alpha machines. Both of them were unavailable when I went looking last weekend. Even if they become available again, it's more productive if someone who cares about alpha can take a look.