Re: testing wanted: debian-installer, now with 2.6.15

Steve Langasek skrev:
As of two days ago, the debian-installer svn tree has been switched to use
Linux 2.6.15 exclusively on alpha, instead of the previous 2.4.27.  This
means that with the most recent daily builds, all installer images for alpha
are using 2.6 kernels *only*, and the current plan is that d-i beta2 will be
the same.  If you haven't tried 2.6 on your alpha yet, now would be a good
time so you can let us know if it doesn't work before we drop 2.4 for etch
completely.

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/alpha/iso-cd/debian-testing-alpha-netinst.iso
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/alpha/iso-cd/debian-testing-alpha-businesscard.iso
http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/d-i/alpha/daily/

Cheers,

I just tried the installer on my system: Alpha Station 400 4/233
It boot's fine but when it comes to identify the installation media (CD-ROM I booted from) it fails to find it.

I have the cd-rom connected to a sym 53c875 controller and the cd-rom is a Plextor Ultraplex 32x

This machine is running Debian stable with kernel 2.4.31 with no problems.

Conny