Re: testing wanted: debian-installer, now with 2.6.15

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 03:21:23AM +0100, Uncurbed wrote:
> Steve Langasek skrev:
> >As of two days ago, the debian-installer svn tree has been switched to use
> >Linux 2.6.15 exclusively on alpha, instead of the previous 2.4.27.  This
> >means that with the most recent daily builds, all installer images for
> >alpha
> >are using 2.6 kernels *only*, and the current plan is that d-i beta2 will
> >be
> >the same.  If you haven't tried 2.6 on your alpha yet, now would be a good
> >time so you can let us know if it doesn't work before we drop 2.4 for etch
> >completely.

> >http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
> >http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/alpha/iso-cd/debian-testing-alpha-netinst.iso
> >http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/alpha/iso-cd/debian-testing-alpha-businesscard.iso
> >http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/d-i/alpha/daily/

> >Cheers,

> I just tried the installer on my system: Alpha Station 400 4/233
> It boot's fine but when it comes to identify the installation media
> (CD-ROM I booted from) it fails to find it.

> I have the cd-rom connected to a sym 53c875 controller and the cd-rom is
>  a Plextor Ultraplex 32x

Yes, I can confirm that the sym53c8xx module isn't on the initrd.
Apparently, the "common" scsi modules were the only ones not being included.
:)  I've fixed this in svn, and am rebuilding the daily initrd; the next
daily build of the CDs should include the fix.