Re: Smaller?

I have a shell script I wrote to compute the transitive closure of package dependencies. On my alpha, running Debian Sarge, I computed the transitive closure of the packages marked essential along with:

aboot
kernel-image-2.4.27-2-generic
klogd
logrotate
apt

That yielded 68 packages. Using the Installed-Size field of the 68 packages, I calculated 122784. It looks like the Installed-Size field in packages is in KB, so that is about 119MB.

I can send you the list of packages if you are interested.

Bob