Re: BTS usertags for Alpha specific bugs

>> I scanned the BTS for Alpha specific bugs (by looking for those
>> reported on an Alpha machine, or with "alpha" in the subject). I'm
>> planning to use usertags with user debian-alpha@lists.debian.org to
>> record this. I would use the following tags:
>
> You didn't mention what "user" you'll be using for these usertags.
> It was probably the obvious choice, but just in case, may I suggest
> using debian-alpha@lists.debian.org?

Yes, that's just what I thought of :-)

> I would like to see some tagging mechanism for bugs that are general
> 64-bit bugs as well, so we could theoretically spread the load on
> these between porters for all three archs.

Seems like a good idea. Maybe somebody[tm] can post a proposal to the
appropriate lists...

> BTW, given that most of the cases of "broken" packages *should* be
> turned into FTBFS bugs by the maintainer in the absence of any other
> action by the porters, I would suggest this is the appropriate
> category for FTBFS bugs even if we aren't planning to proactively
> usertag them.

Thinking of it, it might be clearest to just have a "ftbfs" tag. I've
set up a Wiki page at http://wiki.debian.org/AlphaBugs and tagged the
list I sent. Everybody, feel free to change/add...

--
	Falk