Re: Debian Alpha + grsec

Hello,
On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 01:42:36PM +0200, Pekka H wrote:
> I have AlphaServer ES40 and it work's just fine with self compiled
> 2.4.31 kernel, but when trying to use
> grsec patched kernel, (same version) using those grsec options from
> www.grsecurity.net/quickstart.pdf
> It always hangs..

I haven't checked the options above, but the organisation I worked at
used grsecurity extensivly, also on alpha. When I left, one machine
become a headless server which was configured even tighter than
before. The only difference might be, that the latest kernel used was
probably a late 2.4.2x, not (yet) 2.4.3x, but that should not make a
difference.

> At the moment I do not have the kernel hang message because machine is
> about 200km from
> here (I'll get it to morrow) but is there some know'n bug etc on that

That would be very helpful indeed.

> combination 2.4.31 + grsec
> or is there some default option that should absolutely enabled/disabled
> on alpha machines?

None that I know of, but with grsecurity in general you can configure
your system too tight, so I assume that to be a general problem, but
without logs ...

Greetings

           Helge
--