Re: No mouse on Lx164

Am Donnerstag, den 03.11.2005, 11:43 -0500 schrieb Robert Oram:
> Hello all,
>     I never got a PS2 mouse to work on Woody on my Lx164, and had to use
> a serial mouse.  I installed Sarge (2.4) and was able to get a PS2 mouse
> to work eventually by using  type = PS2 and path = /dev/psaux . I have
> since installed 2.6.11-1, and can get no mouse to work. (and it wont
> boot into 2.4 anymore.)
> I am configuring my  /etc/X11/XF86Config-4  file using
> /usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config  ,  which wants to save the output to
> XF86Config, should I be using a different configuration utility?
> I have tried using Auto, Microsoft, and PS2 as mouse types, and using
> /dev/ps2, /dev/psaux, /dev/ttys0 in vrious combinations, with both a
> serial mouse and a ps2 mouse, to no avail.  Does anyone know the correct
> type and path for an Lx164 or know what I am doing wrong?  Or have any
> suggestions?
Had the same problem. After installing
linux-image-2.6.12-1-alpha-generic today, mouse is working fine again.
(3-button PS/2 mouse)

cpu                     : Alpha
cpu model               : EV56
system type             : Miata
platform string         : Digital Personal WorkStation 500au

/etc/X11/XF86Config-4
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
EndSection

--
Jürgen Braun

Mail:   juergen.b@gmx.net