Re: No mouse on Lx164

Hello,
On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 11:43:39AM -0500, Robert Oram wrote:
> /usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config  ,  which wants to save the output to
> XF86Config, should I be using a different configuration utility?

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

> I have tried using Auto, Microsoft, and PS2 as mouse types, and using
> /dev/ps2, /dev/psaux, /dev/ttys0 in vrious combinations, with both a

        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"

> serial mouse and a ps2 mouse, to no avail.  Does anyone know the correct
> type and path for an Lx164 or know what I am doing wrong?  Or have any
> suggestions?

Did you try configuring gpm? Even if you eventually don't need it, it
is at least a simple programm to try. And once you've got it running,
you know at least the port, type and fact that it works.

Greetings

           Helge

--
Dr. Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.           Helge.Kreutzmann@itp.uni-hannover.de