No mouse on Lx164

Hello all,
I never got a PS2 mouse to work on Woody on my Lx164, and had to use a serial mouse. I installed Sarge (2.4) and was able to get a PS2 mouse to work eventually by using type = PS2 and path = /dev/psaux . I have since installed 2.6.11-1, and can get no mouse to work. (and it wont boot into 2.4 anymore.) I am configuring my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file using /usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config , which wants to save the output to XF86Config, should I be using a different configuration utility? I have tried using Auto, Microsoft, and PS2 as mouse types, and using /dev/ps2, /dev/psaux, /dev/ttys0 in vrious combinations, with both a serial mouse and a ps2 mouse, to no avail. Does anyone know the correct type and path for an Lx164 or know what I am doing wrong? Or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Bob