SRM troubles

Hi,

I'm new to this list and new to alphas, but a search of the archives
didn't help me out. I was lucky enought to pick up a XP1000 earlier in
the week. I've burnt a Netinst image and installed an IDE cdrom
drive. In the installation guide it states that only booting via SRM
is supported so in the alpha bios CMOS settings menu I changed it to
SRM and power cycled.

Now all I get is a blue screen with flashing cursor and no repsonse
from the keyboard or a prompt of any kind.

How do I proceed. I don't know how to undo what I have done. Hopefully
it hasn't just become a paper weight.

thanks

Simon.
--
"It's curtains for you, Mighty Mouse!  This gun is so futuristic that even
*I* don't know how it works!"