Apple Cinema HD Display + PWS433au, what graphics card to buy?

Hello!

I might get a decent deal on an used 23" Apple display. I was thinking of hooking it up to my trusty old PWS433au with Debian.

The monitor is equipped with ADC, but I'll get an ADC-to-DVI adapter as well; so I figured I need to get a PCI-based graphics card with DVI-connector that supports resolutions up to 1920x1200, plus it needs to be supported under xfree.

The documentation for the monitor
(http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Manuals/specs/displays/L26120A_EN.pdf) says:

"The Apple Cinema HD Display requires Mac OS X v10.1.3 or Mac OS 9.2.2 or later, and one of the following systems:

 - Power Mac G4 with an NVIDIA GeForce2 MX, GeForce3, GeForce4 MX, or
   GeForce4 Titanium graphics card; or with an ATI Radeon 7500, 9000 Pro,
   or 9700 Pro graphics card
 - PowerBook G4 with a DVI port and an Apple DVI to ADC Adapter

A second Apple display can be used with a Power Mac G4 via the DVI port on the NVIDIA GeForce4 MX, GeForce4 Titanium, ATI Radeon 7500, Radeon 9000 Pro, or Radeon 9700 Pro graphics card and the Apple DVI to ADC Adapter."

I was thinking if it would be possible to get away with Radeon 9250 or even Matrox G450/G550? Any info/experience with Alpha and 1920x1200-resolution flat screens is appreciated. Thanks!

Jaska