RE: getting debian on a ds10 to autoboot

Hi,

I am trying to get an Alpha box running Debian to autoboot, the machine boots to the aboot prompt, but then I need to type 0 to get it to boot, I need it to auotboot.

Second problem is how do I get the autoboot.conf to commit to disk? I have installed a new Debian 2.6 kernel, and the sym links have been changed to point to the new kernel, however at the aboot prompt the box still shows 0 as the 2.4 kernel and no 2.6 kernel is shown.

I have been unable to find anything in the howto's so far on fixing these 2 issues.

thanks

Steven
aka thing