Re: Strange SCSI controller

At Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:39:51 -0500,
Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> > I guess there used to be this other QLogic driver you could get (just do a
> > search on google and you will see people being constantly referenced to it).
> > The company/link seems to have gone under though.
> I do have copies of their source tree that were rescued shortly after
> they went under (at the time, the source was still available via
> bitkeeper, I don't know if it is now), and I'm happy to give a copy to
> anyone who wants it, but it doesn't really seem necessary since the real
> problems were with the PCI initialization code and not with the
> qlogicisp driver.  Even using their module didn't fix the SCSI
> initialization problems I was seeing, and IIRC the code doesn't compile
> cleanly in 2.6 due to kernel API changes.

   I presume you mean the feral driver. I've not tried using it since
I switched to 2.6 kernels, but the main reason for my using it was
this note in the standard kernel documentation for the qlogic ISP

   This driver works well in practice, but does not support
   disconnect/ reconnect, which makes using it with tape drives

   The feral driver didn't have this problem, and since both SCSI
boards in my Miata are qlogic, it meant I could finally run a scsi
tape drive. Has anybody looked into adapting this code for 2.6

Ron Murray   (rjmx@rjmx.net)
GPG Public Key Fingerprint: F2C1 FC47 5EF7 0317 133C  D66B 8ADA A3C4 D86C 74DE