Re: apache-ssl and php3/4

Doug Larrick writes:
You *do* have to increase the kernel shmmax parameter for some Apache stuff to work right. echo 3355432 > proc/sys/kernel/shmmax .

Yes -- that seems to be what I needed to get apache to start up. I just found it in /usr/share/doc/php4/README.Debian.gz, only moments before getting your e-mail. The config tips have been quite helpful too, thanks all, since I'm not an Apache guru.
Cheers,
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." -- Anonymous