Re: apache-ssl and php3/4

Hello Phil,
On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 08:38:18AM -0600, Phil Mendelsohn wrote:
> Yeah, thanks.  I had done the LoadModule manually.  Fails to start as soon
> as I put in the php? module.  It doesn't work with or without the AddTypes,
> either.  Apparently, apache isn't loading the php module correctly (he said
> with little conviction.)

I had the same behaviour. Tried to gdb it, but no avail. I did a clean
install on a second disk which worked flawlessly. I finally figured
out that I can get it working when I install libnss-db. I can
immediately deinstall it, that's ok. Unfortunately after some other
installations/deinstallations, its broken again. Keeping libnss-db
present keeps php4 working. Why I (nor the php4 maintainers) do not
know.

> I was hoping to do this with existing .debs, but that doesn't look like the
> case.  I guess that leaves the following multiple choice question/poll for
> the list:
>
> Raise your hand if you
> A:  Have gotten php3/4 working on Alpha using existing .deb packages

               _  / |