Re: apache-ssl and php3/4

(How about: D:  Have gotten php3/4 working on Alpha by recompiling PHP?)

What exact errors do you get, and when?

I.
I don't remember the error, but this was the solution after
rebuilding apache with ssl support.  I do remember that it was an
Alpha specific error.  PHP needs to be built with this compiler flag.

setenv CFLAGS " -DEAPI "    # Because apache after mod_ssl said so.

II.
As far as I know, the libphp4.so lib is built when the "--with-apxs"
configure flag is used.  Now, as far as I know, the apxs that is used,
needs to be the one that was created when the whatever version of the
apache server was built.  (ie. If apache is upgraded, the libphp4.so
might not work any more because it was built with the older (apache)
apxs tool.)  The correct apxs needs to be specified or be in your path.

-Martin