Re: my almost dead Miata: some success

Emile van Bergen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 02:02:55AM +0300, Alexander Kotelnikov wrote:
>
> [SNIP]
> > Even it seems to be not fully functional: after initialisation I get
> > screen with lines
> >
> >                      No Operating System Selections Found
> >
> >           Press <F2> to enter Setup and configure the system.
> >
> >            F2=Setup
> >
> > and F2 just refreshes it.
>
> The machine should work though; it's likely that it expects a different
> escape sequence for F2 than you're sending on its serial line.
>
> I have no idea /what/ it expects though, because no DEC VT had a F2 key
> that sent something to the host.
>
> Perhaps ANSI defines some F2 sequence that you can try? And surely, this
> should be in some ARC (AlphaBIOS) manual.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Emile.

If you get past that, AlphaBios (5.69a anyway) requires selection of
"CMOS" (setup), then "F6" (advanced), then "Console Selection", then
(after selection) two "F10"s to save and exit to switch to the SRM.

"F2" seems to be: 27 79 81 (decimal) according to the C++ code below.

-Martin

/*    key.C
Program to return ascii value (decimal) of keyboard entry
and system signals.  Input terminated with a "newline".
*/

#include "template.h"	// List of all header files ever needed since epoch.

void sig_handler(int);    // Forward declaration prototype.

main(unsigned int argc, char *argv[])
{
int cntr, value;

    for (cntr=1; cntr<32; cntr++)
    {
        signal(cntr, sig_handler);    // Handle all signals the same.
    }

    while(1)
    {
        value = getchar();
        cout << value << endl;
    }
}

void sig_handler(int signum)
{
    cout << endl << signum << " I can't be stopped!!\n" << endl;
}