Re: powerstorm 4d40t support.

On Sat, 2003-09-13 19:03:34 +0200, Maciej Matysiak <phoner.debian@blah.pl>
wrote in message <[🔎] hh1xukfwnt.fsf@blah.pl>:
>  0:1/boot/vmlinux-2.4.21-1 ro root=/dev/sda1 video=mode:1024x768
> correct?
> *reboot*
> yay! i can see a penguin on boot :))) much better (although i did something
> strange to scsi support and the system refused to give me login prompt ;))
>
> anyways, that's progress. i'll keep you informed :)

Could you please post a 'dmesg' output from right after boot? I suspect
that you by possibility got vga16fb or something like that to work. On
that graphics card that you own, the CL chip is only used for a very
small amount of 2D work.

These high-end cards commonly use some wracky old chip to do simple
work, but also contain some high-end rendering engines. So writing a
"driver" for these beasts isn't just doing the Cirrus Logic chip, but
it's about accessing the rendering engines. That's not only complicated
(because you need a whole lot of userspace support), but also a really
hard job because there are no specs available...

MfG, JBG

      ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));