Re: powerstorm 4d40t support.

guys, thank you for the comments. it seems that noone was really tempted to
write the xfree86 driver for that card :( but i've just discovered 'cirrus
logic support' in framebuffer section of 2.4.21 kernel :))) the help says:
"this enables support for cirrus logic gd542x/543x based boards on amiga:
sd64, piccolo, picasso ii/ii+, picasso iv, or egs spectrum. if you have a
pci-based system, this enables support for these chips: gd-543x, gd-544x,
gd-5480.".

i've already compiled kernel with cl support included, but i'm not sure how
do i enable framebuffer in aboot.conf. in lilo.conf relevant line looks like:
 append = "video=matrox:vesa:0x11E,font:SUN12x22"
(from my intel box). how does one 'translate' that? is:
 0:1/boot/vmlinux-2.4.21-1 ro root=/dev/sda1 video=mode:1024x768
correct?

*reboot*

yay! i can see a penguin on boot :))) much better (although i did something
strange to scsi support and the system refused to give me login prompt ;))

anyways, that's progress. i'll keep you informed :)

 m.m.

ps. no need to cc: me, i'm subscribed to this list.
--
 use gnus, not guns!