scsi disk order

Dear List

When I use the precompiled 2.2.20-generic Debian kernel or the
2.4.18-smp Debian kernel my I get a different scsi disk order than in my
own kernel. I have a Symbios and a QLogic card. How can I tell the
kernel in which order it has to detect the cards to ensure the same scsi
disk order?

More Details:
The following table shows the disk order. Linux generic shows the drive mapping
of the precompiled kernels, whereas custom shows the mapping on my own
kernel. SRM is the drive mapping under the srm console:

			SRM		generic		custom
Symbios 83C810		dka0		sdk		sda
QLogic ISP1040 (1)	dkc0 ...dkc4	sda ...sde	sdb ...sdf
QLogic ISP1040 (2)	dkb8 ...dkb12	sdf ...sdj	sdg ...sdk

Actually I like it how the Debian precompiled Kernel does it. How can I
achieve, when compiling or afterwards, that my kernel does the same?

Thank you for any help!

Regards, Adrian.