Re: AS255, X not running

> The machine is quite responsive, as much as a (fresh) install of Win98 on
> the same machine.  It's averaging about 65% idle as I type this email
> (84.5% if I stop) with top open.  So I kind of doubt it's the 233MHz part
> that is causing your problems (unless you have all the eye candy turned on
> and are using Mozilla).

Was thinking some more about it and realized that I get some 2D hardware
acceleration under X from the Matrox Mellennium card I've got in this P133
(I'm not recomending one, it's just happens to be what the computer had in
it).

Maybe hardware accleration is what makes the difference between your
lackluster experience with KDE and mine.  Possibly more reason to go try a
different video card. *grin*

Later  -T

PS:  I used to use WindowMaker myself (until I discovered how well KDE
worked).  WindowMaker is pretty nice.  I've heard BlackBox is also suppose to
be pretty good (I've never personaly used it).

--
 Tyson Whitehead  (-twhitehe@uwo.ca -- WSC-)
 Computer Engineer                          Dept. of Applied Mathematics,