Re: miata's srm doesn't see 2940uw

At 08:11 AM 25/05/03, Tom Vier sent this up the stick:
weird problem here. i can boot of the atapi cdrom, and linux sees the card
just fine. also, run bios from srm lets me run the scsiselect bios util
that's on the card. alphabios does see the card. the only thing that doesn't
is srm.

That's the correct behaviour. SRM was used for boot Tru64 and OpenVMS machines, and these machines did not offer Adaptec SCSI controllers as an option.

Tekram controllers (and anything using the Symbios chips) are able to be booted from, however.

cheers,
Rob

--
If it weren't for lawyers, I think we could have invented a universal symbolic representation of reality.

This is random quote 648 of 1254.

Distance from the centre of the brewing universe
[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian

Public Key fingerprint = 6219 33BD A37B 368D 29F5  19FB 945D C4D7 1F66 D9C5