Re: Install sequence problem with MILO boot from CD.

Mattias Svensson <traesket@telia.com> writes:

> With "without success" I mean that I was unable to get the kernel to
> mount the root file system, and carry on with the install.
>
> I don't even know if I am using the correct kernel image since I
> couldn't find any info related to that in the install manual.

There are only two kernel images, the "normal" one and a special one
for Jensen machines.

> What kernel image and root file system are used with the SRM boot,
> and with which boot parameters?

Hmm, for SRM CDROM boot, we use initrd, I don't know whether MILO
supports that:

root=/dev/ram initrd=boot/root.bin

For floppy boot we use:

root=/dev/fd0 load_ramdisk=1