switch rh->debian

Hi!

I've been running RedHat on my AlphaStation since 1997, but Debian on some
various PC:s ever since. I like Debian more -- especially because of the
easier upgrades and the better functionality I've experienced.

Now I plan to switch to Debian on my Alpha as well, but before doing that
I'd just like to check if the packages for alpha are as up-to-date (or
almost) as for the i386 Debian.

A friend recommended me to install the stable version and then pin up only
those packages where I need the latest versions, in order to get better
functionality. What do you guys think?

Best regards,

/Jokke tmw.
···