Re: UP2000+ and IDE-RAID

On Monday 09 September 2002 02:34 am, Juha Jäykkä wrote:
>   Does anyone have any experience with IDE-RAID(5) -controllers with
> debian/alpha? I am planning on purchasing one. I am mostly concerned with
> the RAID controller management software - the hardware is UP2000+ and
> should accept any standard PCI card without a problem.

Not sure they work in alphas, but the only IDE RAID card that actually does
the RAID is 3ware.  All the promise and HPT cards are is an IDE controller
with hooks for a Windows soft-RAID driver (which is nowhere near as good as
the linux kernel soft-RAID).   If you want to experiment, I think you can get
an older 2 channel card for around 40USD from some of the online liquidators.