Re: UP2000+ and IDE-RAID

> Not sure they work in alphas, but the only IDE RAID card that actually
> does the RAID is 3ware.  All the promise and HPT cards are is an IDE

  The others try to deceive me??? Well, nice of you to tell me this. And
as I am not going to boot from RAID, 3ware should work fine. The only
problem is IDE-cable length... UP2000+ drive bays are at the middle/top of
the chassis and PCI's are at the bottom... 3ware has a new SATA-card, too,
but cannot get that from Finland just yet (they have the price but not the
item, yet). That should help with the cables, should it not?

                | Juha Jäykkä, juolja@utu.fi                    |
                | home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/              |