2.4.18 + modules + lock up

Hi again,

I compiled a new kernel from the 2.4.18 source in unstable. However when i tried to make_kpkg modules_image it doesn't produce a modules deb file, should it normally?

Also the new kernel seems to use a lot of cpu time about >90% and previously on another kernel I compiled the sytem kept on locking up. SO this time I used dp264 as the system type and cpu time is high again. I think this could be as a consequence of using unstable files plus unstable kernel source. So back to 2.2 . Everything else unstable works fine with 2.2.

Kind regards,

Peter Watkinson
peter.watkinson1@ntlworld.com