preemptive, low-latency and 2.5.x

Hi,

First of all, congratulations to all Debian developers, and thank you
for releasing Woody :-)

I was wondering, does anybody know the status of the preemptive patches
and/or low-latency patches with regard to alpha?
I just patched, from 2.4.18-pre10, then the latest low-latency-patch I
could find, then incrementally to 2.4.19-rc2, latest preemtive-patch I
could find and finally to 2.4.19-rc3. All patching seemed to be going
well.
'make menuconfig' didn't give any options to actually include the
low-latency nor the preemtive stuff, like it does on i386.
Still, building the kernel seemed to go just fine, until booting it...
It hanged just after:
.... /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz

Plain vanilla 2.4.19-rc3 boots just fine.
Anybody any clues or suggestions?

Another oddity I encountered, I can't seem to get any 2.5.x kernels
built on my Miata. I tried a while ago with x somewhere between 10 and
20, and it never worked out; I wasn't too surprised, though.
By now, the latest is 2.5.27. And now 'make clean' or 'make mrproper'
won't even work... I can do a 'make menuconfig', but the 'make dep'
errors out after a very short while, whether I try my custom-config for
Miata, or even the default arch/alpha/defconfig.
Has anybody tried compiling a 2.5.x on Alpha, successfully?

Thanx,

Dannis