Re: PC164 scsi trouble and SRM version confusion

Thank's for the reply - the ide solution was rolling around in my mind too - the thing is i already have a nice scsi cdrom and a cdwriter... oh well, I guess for installation purposes I could add an ide cdrom and also a small ide just to put the bootloader and /boot partition on... but let the system basically run from the u2w scsi disks.  What do you think?

The 875 based cards I tried were a Kouwell(?) card with the chip labeled 53c875E and an actual LSI card with the chip labeled 53c875JE i think...

Thank's,
Mike