Re: Enlightenment makes the mouse freeze intermittently

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 10:23:09AM -0500, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> D'oh!  Silly me.  That should have been the first thing I tried.  Turned
> gpm off, now it works beautifully.  I suppose I could also use
> /dev/gpmdata...

Way to go, Pete! :-)

> Jay, I do have an IDE CDROM, but now that it works without gpm running,
> I'm not sure that was the problem...

It obviously wasn't.

Among the very first things I do on a fresh install is disable GPM, so
when I see/hear about mouse stuttering I think first of the ol' RH
magicdev problems from past releases... ;-}

--Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            Alpha Engineering - LINUX Project
Compaq Computer Corp. - MRO1-2/K15         (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com