RE: Enlightenment makes the mouse freeze intermittently

Hi ,

> So, the one problem I'm having is that if I run enlightenment, the mouse
> stops working for a couple of seconds at a time, then works for a couple
> of seconds, on and off.  With sawfish, I see this one-or-two second
> delay only once every few minutes, and don't see it at all with no WM
> running -- then again, haven't spent enough time sans WM to know whether
> that has the every-few-minutes problem like sawfish.

Do you have the GPM daemon running while X is running?
If so, try disabling that before starting X. Call me crazy but this sounds
like some sort of interrupt problem. What kernel are you running
and what out of the ordinary options do you have enabled?

> Oh- enlightenment also segfaults a lot, but haven't looked into this yet
> with gdb/strace.  And it's unlikely to be supported, since they're
> focusing on E17...

I wrote a small fix for E 16.5 for a segfault or fpe , I dont remember
which. I'll dig it up and send it to you and the list. There's also
an outstanding bug against E's background managment that I found (didnt
report
and yet to fix). Doesn't read files that have spaces in the name  :-)

> This is a UP1000 with Voodoo3 and debconf-managed XF86Config-4 and
> Xwrapper-config, X nice-value set to -10.

Nice box, wish I was there :-)

Peter
--
www.linuxalpha.org	www.alphadriven.org