mozilla on alpha - .deb hangs, self-compiled also faulty

I'm running Debian (testing) on my PWS500au (1.5 Gb ram, 45 Gb disks).
The only thing I'm missing to dump my x86 system is a graphical
web-browser. links and lynx are very nice, and I use them daily, but
they're not always the first choice.

I run the latest XFree (4.1.0-9) on a Matrox Millennium II with 8 Mb,
with fvwm95 as window-manager.

So I downloaded Mozilla M18-3 via apt. It starts, then hangs. This seems
to be a common problem, I found more people having this problem on the
www. Then I deceided to put all that memory and diskspace to good use
and compile mozilla (0.9.5) myself. Given the following .mozconfig file

ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --enable-strip-libs
ac_add_options --disable-mailnews
ac_add_options --enable-optimize

and the following ./configure options:

./configure --without-debug-modules --enable-optimize
--disable-trace-malloc --disable-jsd --disable-logging
--disable-mailnews --disable-debug

it compiles without errors.

If I then go to dist/bin and type ./mozilla I get a mozilla-window, but
it doesn't know anything about my window-manager - it's just a window,
and I can only resize it via the file menu.

Is there a special trick to get it to behave like a normal program,
where the bottom right corner changes the mouse to a resize cursor and
allows dragging to resize? I've twiddled with a few configure options,
but recompiling this monstrosity takes quite some time, and it didn't
work out.

Thanks,
Jurriaan
--
There was an uncomfortable silence. When Fisher finally spoke again, her
voice was calm and cold and very deadly. "When this is all over, there's