Re: sym53c8xx SCSI Controller and Kernel 2.4.5 boot problems

Martin,

I too have a similar problem.  At first I thought it was an issue with the
ethernet card driver (de4x5).  But the more I look at the problem, it may in
fact, be the scsi driver.  In my case, the system stays up for a while, but
seems to fail when large amounts of data are transfered over the ethernet.

My scsi card requires the ncr 53c8xx driver if you follow the read me (it
makes sense) and always has worked.  My processor and MB seem to be identical
to yours.  I have tried each revision of the kernel starting at 2.4.0 through
2.4.6 and have had no success.  I have enve replaced the tulip driver with
the latest version from sourceforge and it still will not work for me.

--
James D. Freels, P.E._i, Ph.D.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory