Re: What hardware?

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 08:34:32AM -0500, Rich Payne wrote:
> It will take up to 256MB DIMMS. The SX maxes at 1Gig of memory, which is
> 256x4. I'm currently running with 2 256 DIMMs so I know this will
> work. One small note is that the SX does not require ECC memory like the
> other (PC164, LX etc...) thought it will work fine with it.

OK thanks for that. Two people say 256 MB so that must be right :)
So the HCL is right and the front main screen is wrong.

> Well, for what purpose? The list of cards that SRM will work with is
> pretty small...DE500 (Tulip) and some clones, and if you get a recent SRM,
> Intel EEpro100 cards (WARNING: update the linux kernel driver for this as
> the current driver has many issues!). If you don't care about SRM being
> able to use the card, then the choice is much greater. I can say that the
> 3Com series (3C905-B,C-TX etc...) do work fairly well.
SRM? (checks website), oh like the (ahem) "go prompt" or forth monitor
elsewhere.  I assume the significance of this is for network booting
only? If SRM doesn't know about a, say, 3C905-B, then it cannot network
boot but when Linux starts up all is well?

BTW, I was going to look at the ALO database but there is something
*VERY* unhappy on your webserver. I can connect to port 80 but I get
no reply from a HTTP request. This is talisman of course.

  - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>