Keyboard timeout problem

I'm trying to recompile the kernel on an Alphastation 600 5/266,
running 2.2r2.

I've installed the 2.2.18pre21 kernel source package.

Basically, I want a kernel with no loadable module support. So I
loaded the default configuration from the install CD, and made
evyrything that was a module into a compiled-in option. Then I
compiled and installed the kernel-image.

The kernel boots OK, but I get a message in dmesg that the keyboard
isn't detected:

  keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?

I'm using a PS/2 style keyboard. At first I thought it was because I'm
using a KVM switch, but it doesn't work when I plug the keyboard in
directly either.

Any clues as to what's going on?

/g.

--
Gustaf Erikson | <gustafe@home.se> | <http://stureby.net> | +46(0)70-444 0726
End of .signature reached: message halted.