Re: possible glibc bug?

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Luke Shulenburger wrote:

> Well, I think I found my bug.  Sorry to bug you guys about it.  I was
> calling
> free on a pointer that was not at beginning of it's memory block.  I
> don't
> know why it would only seg fault on the alpha though...

If you want, I can step through the code to find out, but in general,
Alphas tend to be more picky about alignment and many issues than
Intels.  These kinds of problems can cause unexpected segfaults or
behaviour in comparison to the same situations on Intels (which are
generally too forgiving of programming mistakes, IMO).