Re: compiling

A windy hello,

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, T. Weyergraf wrote:

> hmm. I start running out of options here. Ok, just to get the basics
> straight:
>
> 1. You're running Debian 2.2/Alpha

alphons:/proc# less cpuinfo
cpu                     : Alpha
cpu model               : EV56

alphons:/etc# less debian_version
2.2

> 2. You have the following packages installed *prior* to the compaq stuff:
> libc6.1

I would be surprised, if a Debian 2 system would work without it ...

> gcc

Yes, although I found out today, that the create-comp-config.sh does
have a problem with it. After having changed the gcc-lib link I thought
it a gould idea to rerun the script. It exits with the error message,
that the gcc is not installed, which is completely ridiculous. I tried
to get rid of it in reinstalling gcc with dpkg from
/var/cache/apt/archives, but the error message remains. I cannot
rememver having seen the error message before. May it be that it
searches in specific files for an install info, but fails to do so,
because the script knows only SuSE and RedHat paths?

I will try to find the gcc lines in the script and find out what it
does.

> 3. You installed the compaq-stuff in the following order:
> libots
> ccc
> cpml and friends

I cannot recall the exact order, but I installed it in order according
to the docs.

> 4. You modified the create-comp-config.sh to point to the correct
> include-paths, lib-paths
>     and the right linker.

Besides those Tested*-lines, I could not find any entries to change
paths. The script looked to me like it was searching and setting the
paths by itself, I simply ran it.

> 5. You have, after running the script, a valid comp.conf and the links
> as i wrote them.

It looked like it was valid.

> Take my greetings and have a nice weekend.

Thank you, unfortunately it is nearly over now. We had a nice rainbow
today.

Regards,

Kerstin

--