Re: compiling

Huhu!

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, T. Weyergraf wrote:

> Also, I have had a look at the new create-comp-config.sh, which is
> *quite* different from the older version I have.  It should work in
> two ways:  either use /usr/lib/gcc-lib/alpha-linux/2.95.2 as a
> "Tested" string inside script or as a parameter on the cmdline. This
> should look like create-comp-config.sh 2.95.2
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/alpha-linux/2.95.2

Writing it should look like

create-comp-config.sh ccc-version [gcc-path]

when they want this

create-comp-config.sh ccc-version [gcc-lib-path]

is quite confusing.
But it worked!

Two other questions:

What is the difference between ld and ldd (I read that ldd is the
dynamic linker, but why are two linkers necessary?)

What does this error message mean (what is this linker script file?):

/usr/bin/ld: cannot open linker script file pml: No such file or
directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [seaview] Error 1

Thank you for helping!