Re: compiling

A humid hello,

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, T. Weyergraf wrote:

> /usr/lib/compaq/ccc-6.2.9.002-2/alpha-linux/bin ).
>
> In the following, you'll see the contents of the dir above. Pay
> attention to the links pointing to /usr/lib and the linked linker (
> ;-) 'ld' pointing to collect2 in the gcc-subdir.
>
>  __DECC_include_epilogue.h
>  __DECC_include_prologue.h
>  as -> /usr/bin/as
>  ccc -> lnxcc_driver
>  comp.config
>  cpp -> /lib/cpp
>  create-comp-config.sh
>  crt1.o -> /usr/lib/crt1.o
>  crtbegin.o -> /usr/lib/crtbegin.o
>  crtend.o -> /usr/lib/crtend.o
>  crti.o -> /usr/lib/crti.o
>  crtn.o -> /usr/lib/crtn.o
>  gcrt1.o -> /usr/lib/gcrt1.o
>  ld -> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/alpha-linux/2.95.2/collect2

The last one pointed to /usr/lib/ld. I changed it, but it still
complains about not finding -lgcc:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mb] Error 1

I have the program compiled now, after adding the complete path in the
LIBS-definition of the Makefile:

LIBS = -lgcc -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/alpha-linux/2.95.2/ -lcpml -lffm -lm

I am pleased to see the command line of that program, but nevertheless
it would be nice to find the erroneous part of the compiler setup.

> > Rainy regards (D=FCsseldorf is not far away, presumably rainy as
> > well),
>
> Oh yes. I hate it. Time to have a can of warm coffee in front of the
> computer ;-)

I guess, I will have lunch-dinner now.

Regards,

Kerstin