PHP4 & apache

Hi,
I've just installed the php4 module on my potato. Since then, I can't restart apache correctly. Nothing is written in the /var/log/apache/errors, though my web server doesn't work anymore.

Here's the way I proceeded:
- I've installed the php4 module with dselect with apache working perfectly
- I uncommented line for loading the php4 module in the /etc/apache/httpd.conf
- I restarted apache whith the command : /etc/init.d/apache restart

At this point, apache doesn't repond anymore.
But if I re-comment the php4 module line, apache works again.

Is there anything to do ?

Thank you for helping me,

Philippe