Re: Potato/164LX - Errors from xkbcomp, Fatal server error, cannot open mouse

Liam Bedford wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 12:30:43AM +1100, Michael Lake came forth with:
> > additionally I get
> > "Fatal server error, cannot open mouse"
> This means it couldn't find your mouse.
>
> three options:
> a) ln -s /dev/psaux /dev/mouse
> b) add the line
> AllowMouseOpenFail
> to the Options section of /etc/X11/XF86Config
> c) edit the mouse port part of /etc/X11/XF86Config to point to the
> proper mouse port (/dev/psaux generally)
>
> (I tend to do both a and b, just so if my mouse dies, xdm doesn't
> keep trying to spawn a dying Xserver)

Thanks heaps. That fixed the problem, I am now running in X fine.
Best Regards
Mike
Michael Lake
Active caver, Linux enthusiast and interested in anything technical.
Safety Convenor, Australian Speleological Federation
Owner, Speleonics (Australia)