Re: FrameBuffers

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000 11:10:05 -0400 (EDT) "Christopher C.
Chimelis" <chris@debian.org> wrote:

> HOWEVER, this does NOT preclude you from using that card
> in an Alpha.  In fact, most Voodoo3 cards are known to
> work in Alphas (I haven't heard of one that doesn't
> yet), although we don't have an X server for them yet in

Slightly off-topic...

The Voodoo3 does not work on a Ruffian (UX) board. (No
signal.) At least, not on mine---then again, neither does
much of anything else. I wish I'd never bought it,
considering that it uses the exceedingly shitty ARCSBIOS,
which has cost me days of work trying to work around its
limitations, not to mention months of downtime trying to
get it replaced and working again after it broke (still
waiting, but there's light at the end of the tunnel).

Regards,
---CV