Re: FYI...good stuff :-)

* Paul Slootman <paul@murphy.nl> [000724 14:17]:
> On Sat 22 Jul 2000, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:
>
> > While perusing Compaq's site (in hopes of spotting a good "let us send you
> > a kick-butt alpha system for nothing" page),
>
> :-)  make sure to send me a note if you ever find something like that!

Just for the record: Go ahead an ask your nationonal compaq headquarter.
In Germany, They do not have Problems to lend (a little bit older) kick
ass servers with no costs to developers. THey have older Servers they
used to give away for fairs and exhibitions. But those are not too
interesting after a while.

I got a Alphaserver 1200 this way. (have to give it back now, since I
leæve the courtry.) And they do try to push linux.