Re: FYI...good stuff :-)

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Paul Slootman wrote:

> > While perusing Compaq's site (in hopes of spotting a good "let us send you
> > a kick-butt alpha system for nothing" page),
>
> :-)  make sure to send me a note if you ever find something like that!

Hehehehe....I sure will :-)

> Good idea. It'll also help the person(s) involved in choosing debian
> get a warm fuzzy feeling that they made the right decision.

Turns out that the company involved went *BSD when the person who pushed
for Debian left the company (unfortunate).  BUT, the good news is, that
guy is now somewhere else and uses Debian on the DS10s at his new
job.  Still equally good :-)

> Unfortunately I've not been able to spend much time recently (I started
> work somewhere else), I have to reorganize my schedule a bit to make
> some room...

I know the feeling in a way.  I've been "between jobs" for about a month
and am trying to wait until potato is out before looking for a new job.  I
figured that if I could hold out financially, it'll ensure that the things
that need to get done for potato will be.