Java on debian/alpha

Greetings,

Has anyone sucessfuly gotten the Tru64 distribution of java to run on
debian?

After tweaking the .java_wrapper script to be debian compliant, I have
run into a more serious issue.  It looks like the thread library is
expecting a mach kernel.

Here is the error message: (the first three lines are echos I put in
to try and figure out what was happening)

dowdingg@ayes ~/school/oop]$ javac PlafTest.java
/bin/javac
javac
classic native_threads
get_reply_port: failed allocating new reply port. (os/kern) unknown error code (4e)
DECthreads bugcheck (version V3.14-128), terminating execution.
vpInit: getsysinfo() failed: 45

***RECURSIVE BUGCHECK IN THREAD 1***

***CANNOT CONTINUE: REPORTED STATE MAY BE INACCURATE AND INCOMPLETE***

Any help/advice would be appreciated.  I have been using jikes and
kaffe, but they do not have support for swing.  I have also been
trying to get swing (from sun) to work with those two packages.  jikes
seems to compile with some warnings.  However kaffe cannot seem to
find/use the classes.

--
Thanks,
George