Re: problems with kernel 2.2.14

Phil Oleson <oz@shell.aros.net> writes:

> Did you select the SRM boot option in the kernel options? Silly
> question but it would be important in the environment your using.

i tried it with both SRM boot enabled and disabled and it made no
difference. i did some more debugging and it looks to me the reason
the kernel won't boot is because the jiffies don't get set (they are
always 0) so at startup the kernel just sits in an infinite loop. i
haven't been able to figure out how the jiffies work (i am only a very
amateur kernel hacker). my theory right now is that gcc 2.95.2
produces some bad code (suse and redhat seem to be using egcs 1.1.2).

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |