Re: problems with kernel 2.2.14

Alex Romosan <romosan@adonis.lbl.gov> writes:

> using the redhat boot disks i finally managed to install debian on
> an alphaserver 2100 4/275. i wanted to upgrade the kernel to 2.2.14
> to enable smp support and the like but i can't get the machine to
> boot with my own kernel. the symptoms are the same as when i tried
> to use the debian rescue disk: the machine hangs after it prints
> "Calibrating delay loop...".

to follow up on my posting. using the redhat 2.2.13-0.9BOOT kernel i
get:

Booting GENERIC on Sable using machine vector Sable from SRM
Command line: root=/dev/sda1 bootdevice=sda1 bootfile=boot/vmlinuz-2.2.13-0.9BOOT
t2_init: HBASE was 0x2000
Setting RTC_FREQ to 1024 Hz (25)             <---------
Turning on RTC interrupts.                   <---------
Console: colour VGA+ 80x25
Calibrating delay loop... 545.26 BogoMIPS
Memory: 125136k available

but with my kernel (2.2.14) i am missing the two lines marked with the
arrows. i do have RTC support enabled. any ideas?

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |