problems with kernel 2.2.14

using the redhat boot disks i finally managed to install debian on an
alphaserver 2100 4/275. i wanted to upgrade the kernel to 2.2.14 to
enable smp support and the like but i can't get the machine to boot
with my own kernel. the symptoms are the same as when i tried to use
the debian rescue disk: the machine hangs after it prints "Calibrating
delay loop...". if anybody has any ideas please let me know. attached
you'll find my .config file. thanks.

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |