Re: MILO. now it boots - but ...

On Tuesday, 22 Jun, Martin Lucina wrote:

> Did you just try 'fdisk' and then 'p' or did you use the 'b' option?
> cfdisk/sfdisk IIRC don't know about BSD disklabels and fdisk only knows about
> them if you use the operations in the 'b' submenu. When I last checked I
> didn't have any problems, I've been using SRM->MILO with BSD disklabels ever
> since I installed my AS200.

Argh.  I gave up too soon, when I saw the ugly "Building a new DOS
disklabel".  That was misleading, wasn't it?  The 'b' command just
worked for me, thanks.

> At least the fdisk (again, NOT cfdisk/sfdisk) on the bootfloppies should work?

Yes.  Somewhere in the SRM HOWTO or similar place I saw claim that
fdisk's disklabels did not work properly with Digital UNIX, but that
seems irrelevant here.

Nikita